Learn how to request to remove your personal information from more than 25 people search websites. We are a simple site providing a free service to help other internet users.Learn more
IDtrue aggregates millions of records from federal, state, county, city, and local databases and presents them to users who pay a monthly price for unlimited background reports. Report may include current and former addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, criminal and arrest history, sex offender report, marriage and divorce records, landlord evictions and possible relatives and associates.
Overview of the information removal process:
You can request up to three record removals (opt outs) per email address. During the process to request the removal of a record from IDtrue, they require that you check a box agreeing that “I confirm I am the person, legal agent or guardian of the name listed above, and I am requesting to opt-out and remove this record from the ID True public search results.”
How to remove your information:
Follow these steps to remove your info from IDtrue using the online request:
- Search for a person by name and state through the search the Opt-Out Request & Search Removal form at https://www.idtrue.com/optout/index.php
- Once you have located a record for the person you would like to remove, click the “This is me” button.
- A new page will load that requires you to input a valid email address in order to have a confirmation email sent to your email account.
- You will also have to check the box agreeing that “I confirm I am the person, legal agent or guardian of the name listed above, and I am requesting to opt-out and remove this record from the ID True public search results.”
- Submit the form
- Now go check the email account that you entered in the process in step 3 above.
- Click the confirmation link in the email and you will be taken to a page that says “Your Record Has Successfully Been Removed!“
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to pay to remove your information?
How long does it take for the information to be removed?
Immediately after clicking the link in the confirmation email sent to you during the process to request removal
Will your information reappear after requesting to remove it?
As with many of the other services, IDtrue relies on other partners to obtain the data they show in their system. If your personal information is connected to other spellings of your name, new phone numbers, new addresses, etc.., it may reappear in their system. It would be in your best interest to revisit their website at a later date to ensure that you do not have to remove your information again.