Learn how to request to remove your personal information from more than 25 people search websites. We are a simple site providing a free service to help other internet users.Learn more
Background Alert will show you personal information such as current address, full legal name, birth and death records and more. It will also show arrest and criminal conviction records for the person you search for. Marriage information, related persons and licenses are other areas of information that are available.
Overview of the information removal process:
BackgroundAlert requires you to initially request the record deletion via their site while providing three different options for providing them with proof of identification by either uploading, mailing, or faxing a valid and unexpired identification. You will also have to click the link in a confirmation email that is sent to you as part of the process.
How to remove your information:
ONLINE REQUEST (with an option to upload, mail, or fax proof of ID)
Follow these steps to remove your info from BackgroundAlert using the online request:
- Search for your name in their opt-out search form located here https://www.backgroundalert.com/optout/
- Once you have found your record, click on the “that’s me” button.
- enter your email address into the form
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity. BackgroundAlert requires a valid and unexpired identification. You have three options for submitting the identification; you can upload an image of the ID, Fax a copy of the ID or Mail a copy of the ID.
- Uploading the ID: If you select the to upload the ID, you will be presented with a button to choose the file on your device and upload the file to their server. You will also have to click the link in the confirmation email they sent you.
- Faxing the ID: You will be provided a phone number to fax the ID to along with a reference optout case number which you must reference in your faxed document. You will also have to click the confirmation link an email they sent you.
- Mailling the ID: You will be provided a mailing address to mail the ID to along with a reference optout case number which you must include along with your mailed document. You will also have to click the confirmation link an email they sent you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have to pay to remove your information?
How long does it take for the information to be removed?
About 5 days from receipt of your proof of ID as long as you already clicked the link in the confirmation email that was sent to you.
Will your information reappear after requesting to remove it?
As with many of the other services, BackgroundAlert relies on other partners to obtain the data they show in their system. If your personal information is connected to other spellings of your name, new phone numbers, new addresses, etc.., it may reappear in their system. It would be in your best interest to revisit their website at a later date to ensure that you do not have to remove your information again.